When we moved into our new apartment a month ago, we didn't really have a good place to put our bikes. I wanted to lock them to the porch posts, but Dustin didn't want them cluttering up our front entryway, so we ended up just leaning them against the back of the house like some of our neighbors. Well, about a week after we moved in, we looked out back and saw that Dustin's bike had been stolen. He was pretty upset about it, since his was actually a pretty nice bike that he had won in some contest years earlier. It was probably worth about $400 or so.
I thought it was too bad that the thieves didn't take my bike as well, because I absolutely hate my bike. It was a hand-me-down from one of Dustin's cousins and is very old and rusty. The brakes don't work very well, the front tire is crooked, and you can forget about trying to change the gears as you're riding. Still, the bike was very useful to me my last semester of college, when I had to get to work 10 mins after my last class. I was glad to have it then, but I hated riding it and didn't look at it again after I graduated. I told Dustin on numerous times that I hoped someone would steal it so I could get a better one (we didn't lock them up at our last place, either, but they were in our garage behind the car).
Well, a couple weeks after Dustin's bike was stolen, I got my wish--no more bike! I was not sad at all. I laughed and said I hoped the thief hated it as much as I did--having to ride that bike is a punishment in itself.
Today I discovered that apparently the thief thought the same thing. As I approached my house on the way back from my afternoon walk, lo and behold, there was my bike propped up against the back of the house, just where I had left it weeks ago.
I'm not sure how I feel about owning something that is so crappy that thieves bring it back.
I think I'm gonna leave the bike right where it is. Maybe next time I'll get lucky and someone will take it for good!
Pigs And Dogs
1 day ago

1 comment:
haha thats pretty funny that they brought it back
Post a Comment