Blame it on pregnancy brain?
This weekend was a lot of fun. On Friday night Sara, Dustin and I went to the Aggie football game vs BYU. Epic! We beat them for the first time in 17 years. Our team was amazing, I couldn't believe they were playing so well! Our football program has been pretty pitiful for so many years, I hope we're on our way to a comeback.
After the game we drove to my parents house for the weekend. Tim and Allie were up from Vegas! It was so fun to see my sister looking all big and preggo, like me. We did take some pregnant sister pictures, but, they are on my sister's camera because.....I forgot mine. Dang it!
The baby shower on Saturday was fun, thank you to everyone who was able to come! It made me happy to see so many of my friends and family and in-laws there. I am about a zillion times more excited to have Lia here now that I have clothes and blankies and other things for her! Baby clothes just do me right in. When I start visualizing my little daughter in her adorable jammies and little tiny pants and booties, all wrapped up in one of the beautiful soft snuggly blankies we got....I just can't contain my excitement! I really don't see how I can make it another two and a half months, other than the fact that I don't really have a choice in the matter.... Thank you to everyone who has been so generous in helping Dustin and I get the things we will need to bring Lia into our home. We honestly couldn't do it without your help, and I feel so blessed! Sometimes I wonder what on earth we were thinking, getting pregnant when Dustin is still in school and we are both just working part time jobs, barely getting by. But then I remember that we both felt like we should be starting our family now, and the Lord has blessed us in amazing ways.
Well Lia sure is making life interesting for me. I can't believe how much she moves around! Just as I've been sitting here typing she was kicking somewhere around my hip bone and it actually hurt. Allison and I were comparing pregnancies a lot over the weekend, and we discovered that I am carrying my baby pretty low, but she is carrying high. Lia is always bouncing around near, or on, my bladder (which is NOT pleasant) but I have never felt her in my ribs at all. Allison, however, has a baby in her ribs all the time, but rarely gets kicked in the bladder. I don't know which would be worse, honestly.
Today I put my engagement ring and anniversary band on a necklace because my fingers are starting to swell slightly. My rings still fit for the most part, but it it starting to hurt to get them over my knuckles, so I decided to just wear them around my neck to save myself the trouble. I actually like the way the necklace looks, it's pretty cool. Also, my feet are swelling a little. I don't know if I was on my feet more yesterday than usual, but last night before I went to bed I had fat sausage toes. They don't seem as bad today though. It is getting harder and harder for me to get comfortable at night. Seems like I don't ever get a good night's sleep. I am probably actually getting quite a bit, I'm just not used to being uncomfortable at night.
I would say that life is pretty good right now. I am in an "up" when it comes to housework--I have been keeping up on dinners and dishes and laundry for the past week or so. I've even been keeping the fridge cleaned out haha. Sometimes I do really well keeping our house clean, and other times I let the dirty pans sit in the sink for a week. I'd like to think I'm slowly getting better though. I have a lot to work on. Watching conference is always an awesome experience, but it also reminds me how far I really have to go. Still, I love listening to the talks and feeling the love the leaders of the church have for everyone.
Ouch. The baby is trying to stretch out across my entire abdomen, from the feel of it. Maybe if I stand up and get a drink of water she'll move around a little. Silly baby. I can't wait to hold you in my arms! When you come, I am going to sing you "Hey There Delilah" as a lullaby because I love this song.
I Do Now
6 days ago

1 comment:
oh Maryannie. I honestly started to cry when I read this. I'm so excited and proud of you! You are going to be such a WONDERFUL mom! I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish...and can I say it one more time I WISH we lived closer together. I feel like I'm missing out on so much fun stuff. I'm so sorry I couldn't come to your baby shower. Also- yeah- don't worry too much about the money thing. The Lord provides. We're living off of one part time job... I honestly don't know how. I had like 50 panic attacks worrying about it when I was pregnant with Lily. I have barely thought about it this time though. It just works out somehow. Love ya!
Post a Comment