Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Monday, April 25, 2011

4 Months/Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter weekend, how about you? 

Our plan was just to stay in Logan because gas is so expensive, but on Thursday Dustin got some grant money that we weren't expecting for a few more weeks, so Friday morning we decided last- minute to take up Dustin's family on their invitation to come down for Easter.  We spent Friday  night with my family and Saturday night with Dustin's family.  It was really so good to spent time with everyone.  They all love seeing Lia, since she is the only granddaughter on both sides.  We colored eggs with my brothers while Lia napped (so no "1st Easter Egg!" pictures).  Then we went to a couple pet stores with Dustin's brother and sister because Dustin really wants an animal even though I keep telling him no, we aren't allowed to have animals in our apartment.  The thing about my husband is, once he gets an idea in his head of what he wants it is very hard to talk him out of it.  So don't be surprised if my next post is titled, "We Got A Pet." 

My favorite part of this Easter, besides seeing our family, was seeing Lia in the most beautiful Easter dress, bought by her Grandpa Penman's family.  I have the prettiest baby in the world.  And the happiest.  She was such a sweetheart for everyone we visited, even though she was tired Sunday because she wouldn't take a decent nap.  I just love her!

Today she had her 4 month appointment, including shots :(  You'd never guess she got shots today, since she woke up from her afternoon nap she's been happy and playful.  She is 14lbs (60th percentile), 25.5 inches tall (90th percentile), and her head is 16.25 inches (55th percentile).  She is still tall and thin!  Here is what we love about our girl at 4 months:

*She laughs--but we have to really work for it!  She still smiles all the time though, which I can't get enough of. 
* She sucks on anything she can get.  Including mommy and daddy's faces, clothes, and when nothing else is close by, her own hands (her favorite!) 
*She is really getting the hang of reaching out and grabbing her toys. 
*She just found her feet a few days ago!  She tries to grab them when she's laying on her back.
*She is working on rolling onto her stomach.  She can get herself onto one hip but then falls back onto her back.
*When I hold her, she wraps her arms around my arm and neck and buries her face in my shoulder for a few seconds.  I usually get drool and snot smeared on my shirts, but I love my little Lia hugs (she only does it to me and sometimes Daddy).
*She still wakes up to eat at least once a night, but I don't mind so much.  Lia is not really a snuggler, but at night when she's done nursing I hold her up on my chest and she falls back asleep snuggled up close to me.  I cherish those middle of the night snuggles, even though I am so tired. 
*She is in a "mommy only" stage.  She sometimes goes to Dustin, but for the most part she cries if someone is holding her and she can't see me somewhere close by.  However, she was really good about this while we were visiting family this weekend, and let other people hold her.  Thank you Lia!
*We took her to the park for the first time, and laid her in the grass.  She was absolutely fascinated by the grass and couldn't take her eyes or hands off it!
*She can sit up with help.

Pictures!

She loves swinging!




I love this picture!



Eggs!


Dustin made a protester egg

My parents have a bird's nest right outside their kitchen window.  Cool!


Lia loves grandpa!

My princess on Easter, 2011.  4 months old!

Lia's favorite part of her dress was the great taste!  Silly baby!


Lia got to meet her great grandma Goodspeed for the first time!



I love this face!


Cutie!
Such a big girl!  PS She can't really stand up supported with just one hand.  I wanted to get a full-length shot of her dress so I let go really quick and my sister-in-law snapped this great shot.


Okay so maybe I went a little crazy with pictures in that dress.  But you have to admit, it is a gorgeous dress and the baby in it is gorgeous too!  I can't believe she is 4 months old.  Didn't I just do a 3 month update?
We love you Lia Jo!

No comments: