Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

No Pics, Just Some Thoughts

1.  I put on my jacket to go to a work meeting early yesterday morning and fell in love with Autumn all over again.  I love jacket weather! 
2.  Since when does the first day of school take place in a pouring rainstorm?  I loved it though.  My flowers got a little beaten down by the rain, but they survived okay.  I had to use an umbrella all morning and all afternoon till the rain cleared up around 3:00.  Rain makes me happy.  Also the way the air smells after a massive rainstorm makes me happy.  And the sound of rain on the roof of my car, and the windshield wipers.  I should have been born in Washington....oh wait, I was....
3.  I am glad to be done with school.  But I still miss it.  Watching Dustin and my sisters and cousins get all ready for school to start, moving in to their apartments, greeting old friends, getting their textbooks and papers together, putting on new outfits....it really is a fun time of life.  I loved school.  Yeah it stressed me out.  But it is still just a cool experience.  (Time for a dirty secret....sometimes I read Dustin's textbooks for fun.  I am such a nerd.)
4.  I am happy that Sara and Jenni and Katie are back up here!  Those girls are fun and I like watching them grow up and be college kids.  Aw, how fun!
5.  My friends Michelle and Dachelle are back from their missions!  Michelle is here in Logan for school and I haven't seen her YET, but we are planning on tonight.  Sheesh back-to-school time is busy time!  I am so excited to see my girls.  Dachelle, come down from Montana and see me!!
6.  I feel like a millionaire because we finally found Dustin's FAFSA refund money and it is over $600!  I was only walking around campus trying to talk to people and talking on the phone for hours yesterday trying to figure out where that blasted money had gotten to.  Being married and moving houses and banks and telephone numbers a lot means sometimes you lose track of stuff....but happy day, we found it and now maybe we can buy some baby stuff! 
7.  Speaking of baby, mine does somersaults.  And backflips.  And whirly twirlys.  She is a mover!  I have been having bad crampy feelings and backaches this past week.  Since this is my first pregnancy, I really don't know what I should be concerned about and what is just regular being pregnant stuff.  But I have a doctor's appt. on Friday, so I will ask him. 
8.  I found out yesterday that our landlords are spraying for cockroaches AGAIN, since we are still finding some.  They are spraying tomorrow.  Yes, that means I was given a 1 1/2 day notice.  Time to start moving all my stuff around again, packing up food and dishes while Dustin and everyone else is at school all day.  Not to mention I have work this afternoon.  Seriously, I am mad at the renters on the end who moved in for two months earlier this year and brought those dang roaches with them.  Grrrr.  I don't know how our landlords are ever going to rent that apartment, it is ten times worse with roaches than the other three in the building.  Which is too bad, because I have friends looking for a place to live. 
9.  My feet are really cold, which actually makes me happy because did I mention I love Autumn?  Bring on the chilly weather! 

Some pictures after all!  My tribute to Autumns Past.  May all future Autumns be as wonderful as you...

2 comments:

Bass Family said...

Jealous! I love jacket weather, and rain, and leaves changing color. I hope they finally get all those nasty coachroaches out and killed! You would think that if they didn't get them all the first time they maybe would use something stronger next time? hmmm. good luck.

Mary Ludwig said...

Oh Maryannie! Why aren't we neighbors?! I want to help you pack up your house and I want you to come play with me and Lily- and I want to hang out with you while you are a new mommy. I miss school too- and sometimes what I miss most are roommates! Seriously. Husbands are AWESOME. But sometimes a girl just needs another girl to be silly with. PS I think it's awesome you read Dustin's text books. Once I read Aaron's...but it was to help me fall asleep. lol