Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessing Day, Feb.6, 2011

Yesterday we had a wonderful day.  Allison and I really wanted to bless our babies together, since they are so close in age, and so our family wouldn't have to make two trips if they wanted to see both blessings.  We were so greatful that Tim was able to get leave this weekend, so we could do the blessings yesterday in my parents' ward in Kaysville.  It was such a great day!  And it was fun to be back in the good old Ponds Park Ward!

Lia was lucky enough to be blessed by her wonderful Daddy.  I am so glad that Dustin is a worthy priesthood holder who can give me and our girl blessings if we need them.  Lia's blessing was so special.  Dustin and I really felt Heavenly Father's love for our little girl.  One part of her blessing that especially stood out to me was that she would be a "beacon of light" to those who need it throughout her life.  Also, Dustin told her that her Heavenly Father was happy she had chosen to come to Earth at this time.  We are sure happy too! 

Lia was lucky to have a lot of family there yesterday.  And even those who couldn't make it let us know that they loved us and were thinking of us and wished they could be there.  Lia is so blessed to have been born into a loving, caring, supportive family, both on my side and Dustin's side. After her blessing, we took some pictures at the house of Zachary and Lia, and the other two babies in the family, Emma and Edgar.  The four oldest cousins on my mom's side are Andrew, Allison, me, and Kim, and we all had a baby last year.  Pretty cool!  I hope they will all be friends throughout their life. 

During Lia's blessing, and during the rest of the meeting, I again felt awed and overwhelmed that Heavenly Father would entrust one of his most precious daughters to me--ME!--to raise here on Earth.  The responsibility is so huge....Dustin and I have to somehow teach her how to see the light of Christ in this dark, scary world.  Luckily, we will have help from above.  But still, it is intimidating.  What if I mess up?  Yikes.

Anyway, here are some pictures from yesterday.  Sorry to brag--but I think Lia is just beautiful.  And she was such a good girl yesterday!  She didn't cry at all during her blessing (but she did cry a little in Zachie's!  Sorry Zach!) 

      Cousins!  Zachary Titus and Lia Jo.  Aren't they cute?  I just love this picture!


Zachie isn't too happy in this one...but I love Lia's face!  Oh, and she looks so LONG in these pictures, especially compared to Zach! 


Emma, Zach, Edgar, Lia Jo

Emma got sick of taking pictures, but Edgar was just loving it!  He is such a ham!  (Again...Lia is as long as Edgar, and she's 5 months younger!  She is going to be tall!)

Precious Girl!


Smiling for Mommy!   

2 comments:

Natalie Nicole said...

Lia sure is beautiful! And I love that picture with Edgar in the middle- what a cutie!

Meagan and Ryan said...

Lia looks beautiful! Love the bow in her hair and I think Lia is super long because she was also way longer than Corbin.