Life really is good. This blog is a journal of sorts--thanks for reading!

Friday, March 4, 2011

So Not Fair

Last night our little girl  WOULD NOT SLEEP.  She just refused.  We rocked her, fed her, let her cry, cuddled her in our own bed, but nothing worked.  Usually when she's ornery about going to sleep, putting her next to one of us in bed and snuggling her until she falls asleep works (and it's nice for us too, since we can lay next to her and doze instead of having to be up pacing the halls or something).  Well for some reason last night, nothing worked.  I ended up nursing her like 5 times because nothing else would calm her down.  At one point she fell into a light sleep after nursing and was somewhat content to lay by me in bed, but she kept whimpering and squirming.  Two hours later I felt she must be deeply asleep by now, so I moved her to her bassinet.  And she woke up.  And we started all over.  Long story short, she spent the whole night in our bed.  As a rule, Dustin and I are against co-sleeping, but when it has been hours and you're exhausted and it's the only thing that will get your baby to stop crying, you do things you normally wouldn't.  At one point last night, Dustin even got up and did the dishes, because he figured that if he wasn't going to get any sleep he may as well be doing something productive.

Anyway, the point of this blog is that now, at ten thirty in the morning, my baby is fast asleep, exhausted from a long night.  Do I get to sleep now?  No.  I have to get ready for work.  Not fair Lia Jo!  Not fair! 

2 comments:

Mary Ludwig said...

I remember those nights. No fun! I was spoiled though and got to sleep during the day. You poor thing! I wish I had answers for you. Just know it will get better eventually- someday. I know she's too young now, but you may want to start reading up on sleep training to maybe start in the next couple of months. It made the next year of my life so much easier. I can suggest some good books if you need some.

Jessica & Paul said...

Miss Mary! I just love reading up on your family! And your little Lia is just so adorable! But you know that... I also wanted to tell you that I passed an award onto you over at my blog! Check it out if you want!